Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HONEY I`M HOME, HONEY?

Chez, I am returned, but who do I tell? I have been down here every day for a week now trying to file my Faxel Gears story. I guess I can take care of announcing my own return, but if I have to write the stories set the type, take out the trash, and answer all the mail, I want an office with a fridge and a window. Even the mice have stopped hanging around here--Hell if I hadn`t been here all the plants would be dead by now. I guess I can answer the phones for another day or two.
I hear that everybody`s been tied up getting the linktile website in shape. I think it`s great that we did that exhibition series on linktile, but a quick look at their counter says that they could take their time polishing up their site for company. Oh yeah, what`s up with that "Lizards" page? I checked it out, no lizards, just a couple of skinks and that "left handed lizard scoop."

The Faxel Gears story was pretty nearly a non-starter. First , I don`t believe there is a regularly scheduled flight from Flatware County to Birmingham, Alabama. Besides, the closest Faxel Gears got to Birmingham was the "No Pressure Palace" Bryce world. Faxel`s adventures in filmmaking led him to try shooting a proof of concept piece in Bryce. Fine, build some sets, frame some shots, place some lights, but Faxel got some kind of budget ticket outta Second Life. He seems to be dimensionally challenged, and though he`s flying all over, he seems frozen and flat as a board. Nice smile, but is he really glad to see us? Who knows? Good luck Faxel, but it seems to me that the only concept proved by this short is, machinema isn`t a game open to penniless Second Life poets. Aquavelveta


The stairs are steep

These walls too high

my avatar is lame

I`m standing in the water

but at least I`m in the game

Faxel Gears

No comments: