Monday, October 27, 2008

WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR THE RUNE SPOONS

Like the ancient Greeks, the residents of Flatware County have been blessed with oracles. Though not from Delphi, these oracles are prized local prognosticators. There are, to the best of my knowledge, few if any other seers in Flatware County. We mostly write our future as we go along. I`m not even sure henbane grows here. While I haven`t been able to confirm it, I believe that the Rune Spoons are a phenomenon unique to Flatware County.

This is an introductory episode of the Rune Spoon Cartoon. For this episode we will draw on the definitions of the runes as presented by Ralph H. Blum in “The Book of Runes” A Handbook
for the Use of an Ancient Oracle: The Viking Runes. This isn`t the only set of allegorical definitions; I found several sets. My cursory, 20 minute, online search for the Blum definitions was fruitless. Wikipedia had a huge amount of stuff I was too lazy to read. That said I`m glad to have the other sets to consider and compare, but I prefer “The Book of Runes.” Besides, I already have a copy.



No comments: